Date: 12/31/17 1:03 pm
From: Len Blumin <Len.blumin...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] Southern Marin CBC - Tiburon, sans cormorants and scoters
Our group covered the Tiburon shore and eastern Richardson Bay in
yesterday's Southern Marin CBC. We started at Blackie's Pasture and
followed the wide bike/walking path. Lots of Scaups, Ruddy Ducks and
Buffleheads to sort through, plus a smattering shorebirds. Despite
reasonable care in our search we failed to detect a single cormorant or
Surf Scoter, presumable due to lack of a herring spawn to date. Only 5
gulls were seen in the considerable expanse we surveyed. High tide may have
played a role. A consolation prize was a juvenile Spotted Sandpiper
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/lenblumin/38704952464/in/photostream>that
flew right up to where we were standing near the shore. Nice!

Cheers,
Len Blumin, Mill Valley, California
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lenblumin/

Join us on Facebook!