Date: 12/31/17 12:46 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Coos lark/Say’s Phoebe 12/31/17
After not seeing a SAY’S PHOEBE in Coos all year I have now seen two in two
days. Yesterday Terry Wahl and I found one on the CV CBC. Early AM I was up
Bethel Mtn in SW Coos and saw one near the Quarry. I had one there a few
years ago on New Year’s Day so they must winter there somewhat regularly.
Also had a HORNED LARK fly over which is another new bird for my soon to be
done Coos year list and one that we have few winter records for. It was 50F
up there and no wind, super nice!

Got an e-mail from a guy I know in North Bend who had a pair of Evening
Grosbeaks at his feeder today, another species that is very sparse in Coos
in winter.

At the count last night I found out that Joe Metzler saw a Tropical
Kingbird near the Ni-les’tun unit of Bandon Marsh a week ago or so and that
there are 4 Snow Geese around Coos Bay.

Another beauty on the coast today!

Merry New Bird,
Tim R