Date: 12/31/17 12:31 pm
From: HARVEY W SCHUBOTHE <ninerharv2...>
Subject: [obol] Target Hit!
Good morning all!

After last night's anniversary and this morning's birthday celebration, I have an opportunity to report that of our preliminary count for the Coquille Valley CBC reached its goal of 150 species. There are still some feeder counts out, so we have a chance for a few more but will probably fall short of our record despite absolutely gorgeous weather conditions.

Others have already reported some of our highlights so I may repeat them here. Dave Lauten and Kathy Castelein had our White Wing Crossbill flyover pair. Alan Contreras and Tristen Hynes picked up Short-tailed and Black-vented Shearwater plus Northern Fulmer in their seawatch. Gary Shaffer found us Rock Sandpipers and Wandering Tattler. Romain Cooper and Christie Dunn found a Prairie Falcon in Coquille, Lars Norgren added an Evening Grosbeak there. Tim Rodenkirk and Terry Wahl came up with a Say's Phoebe while Tim, Terry, Alan, Tristan and myself hit on all seven of our owl species in the area. And one of our Feeder counters saw the Osprey that has been hanging around the beach and Seabird in Bandon.

More to come!

Harv Schubothe

Join us on Facebook!