Date: 12/31/17 10:33 am
From: Jeff Bleam <jcbleam...>
Subject: Minden CBC
It started out cool but as soon as the sun rose above the clouds the layers
were stripped off. Highlights from Section 6 & 7, which was in the east
and south end of the circle from Muller Rd in the north and 206 and 88 in
the south. We had a high number of RED-TAIL HAWK (105) and COLLARED DOVES
(175) as well as FERRUGINOUS, ROUGH-LEGGED, COPPER'S, and a RED-SHOULDERED
HAWK. We saw 4 BALD EAGLES, 2 adult and 2 immature. A fly over of a
SANDHILL CRANE on the east side and a surprise weezy call of a BLUE-GRAY
GNATCATCHER along a dirt road leading to the Ranchos from the south.
Falcon forms were well represented with us seeing PRAIRIE, MERLIN, KESTREL,
PEREGRINE FALCON. We found a pond with open water at the end of W. Fork
Vista Lane where we found RING-NECKED, LESSER SCAUP, MALLARD, HOODED
MERGANSER, AM. WIGEON, and CANADA GEESE. Oh yes, a BELTED KINGFISHER was
seen fishing along one of the slough with her buddy Kestrel perched about 6
feet away.

Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/byjcb/

ebird cklist: https://www.flickr.com/photos/byjcb/

Jeff Bleam