Date: 12/30/17 9:45 pm
From: Tim O'Brien <kertim7179...>
Subject: [inland-NW-birders] Spokane CBC today - Western area highlights
Today, Fred Parent and I covered areas in the western portion of the Spokane CBC.  Despite the crazy weather the day before, today was a great day although some roads were still very slick.  We opted to stay on the more traveled roads today.  The sun was out at times and there was a little wind at the beginning of the day.  Here are a few of our highlights:

Northern Goshawk - found two from the Palisades Park parking area.  Both were in very close proximity to each other.  One adult sat in a tree-top for a couple minutes allowing excellent scope views.

Rough-legged Hawk - one cruising high above Indian Canyon - not expected in this location.

Sharp-shinned Hawk - one hunting at the top end of Indian Canyon

Townsend's Solitaire - one in Finch Arboretum

Varied Thrush - 2 with a couple Robins in Finch Arboretum

All in all a nice day!  We didn't have to worry about frostbite today which is always great!

Happy New Year!

Tim O'Brien
Spokane Valley, WA
mailto: kertim7179 at yahoo dot com