Date: 12/30/17 9:15 pm
From: Keith Carlson <keithecarls...>
Subject: [mou-net] Trumpeter Swans, Northern Shrike and Winter Ducks
I am a week late posting about the swans but Xmas weekend, there were
around 50 raucous Trumpeter Swans in the pool where the channel enters
Sucker Lake just south of Hwy. 96 in Vadnais Heights.

On Friday, I spotted a Northern Shrike in a tree just north of South Owasso
Blvd. in Ladyslipper Park in Roseville, same place I saw one a few years ago
.

Saturday, I spotted several Common Goldeneyes in the few sections of open
water in the Mississippi River in Minneapolis between Plymouth Avenue and
the Stone Arch Bridge plus a mallard and pair of Canadian geese and number
of crows on the ice around one of the pools.

Keith Carlson
Roseville, MN

----