Date: 12/30/17 5:18 pm
Subject: eBird glitch -- high counts not showing on eBird
For some reason, eBird will not show my counts of 300 Hooded Mergansers and
14 Canvasbacks from the Lake Crabtree Dam, this morning. It told me these
were high counts and I needed to provide some details, which I did and
checked the box. The totals of my 23 species DO show on my eBird list when
you go to eBird, go to Lake Crabtree Dam, and then click on the 30 Dec 2017
date (in blue). That takes you to my list of 23 species, but the list on
the screen for Lake Crabtree Dam shows that I had only 21 species today,
and missing are Hooded Merganser and Canvasback!!!!! This is an error.

Can someone explain why this glitch exists? I am sure it happens to
others, but this is the first time this particular glitch has happened to
me. eBird correctly flags and shows Ricky Davis's 520 Least Sandpipers and
12 Dunlins, not rare birds but certainly flagged as high counts where he
needed to provide information, for Goldsboro. A reviewer has not checked
these species as accepted, but clearly they will be.

I don't want to stop entering data on eBird, but this is making me hesitant
to continue doing it.

Harry LeGrand

Join us on Facebook!