Date: 12/30/17 5:06 pm
From: Robert Snowden <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender bo_snowden for DMARC)
Subject: [obol] Possible Golden Eagle in South Eugene
Earlier today I saw what appeared to be an adult GOLDEN EAGLE from the Spring Boulevard neighborhood in the southeast Eugene, not far from the Ridgeline trailhead. I wouldn't expect to see a golden within the city limits, but it didn't quite fit the features of the more-expected raptors.
The soaring bird was rather distant, too far to easily notice a golden nape, but I did see a distinct pale band on the bird's upper tail. The bird held its wings in a slight dihedral, but not to the extent of a Turkey Vulture. It appeared dark and fairly uniform underneath (it looked like there was some slight contrast in the underwings but not at all as strong as you'd see in a dark-morph Red-tailed), and it lacked the underwing white mottling of a juvenile.
Cheers,
Robert SnowdenEugene

Join us on Facebook!