Date: 12/30/17 4:46 pm
From: Karen Holliday <ladyhawke1...>
Subject: Re: Birding today
blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } Thank you Donna for reporting the very late Tree Swallow. I totally forgot to report it.  I was able to leave to leave work a little early Friday afternoon and swung by Cook's Landing on my way home.  I stopped to check the fishing pond and saw the Tree Swallow, a male in beautiful bright plumage.  It was one of those moments when you rub your eyes to make sure you aren't seeing things.  He was really working the surface of the pond trying to find something to eat.  He's going to have a hard time of it these next few days with the dreadfully cold weather coming in.
Didn't see Donna's Canvasback at the hydraulic plant. It must have replaced the male Ring-necked Duck that was there Friday.  I think I read in a recent ABA magazine that they are considering changing its name to Ring-billed Duck.  Joke or serious?  It would be a nice change since half the time I accidentally call it a Ring-billed Duck!Karen HollidayMaumelle (bracing for the frigid temps Monday for the Lake Dardanelle CBC!)

On Saturday, December 30, 2017, 6:10 PM, Donna Haynes <00000003bd9d64d2-dmarc-request...> wrote:

Adam, Lincoln and I birded Cooks Landing and Burns Park in North Little Rock today.  Two birds of note were both at Cooks.  A VERY late Tree Swallow was at the fishing pond.  A Canvasback was on the river near the hydraulic plant. Donna HaynesWest Pulaski Co.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Join us on Facebook!