Date: 12/30/17 3:14 pm
From: Nancy Christensen <nancy.r.christensen...> [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Harris’s Hawk
Bird reported at the Escondido CBC callout. Checked for it on my way home. The hawk is calling every few minutes, which is how I located it. I saw it at 975 Montecito Way, Ramona, in a tall eucalyptus right over the house. Casey Richard has reported it flew east. Bird appeared to have a full crop. This is the third Harris Hawk sighting I have had in the general Ramona airport area in the past 5 years, the last one being no more than a couple of blocks away.

The homeowner came out to see what I was doing and I explained about the rare bird. I also said he could expect to see other birders in the area. Be respectful!!

Sent from my iPad

Join us on Facebook!