Date: 12/30/17 3:04 pm
From: Merlin <merlin32757...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Arivaca, Arizona, Dec 30, 2017 Crested Caracara
Hi All

It was a beautiful last day of the year birding the Arivaca Cienega today.
We had six birders, two from Indiana, one from BC Canada, One from Alaska.
The highlight of the field trip came at the end when we had a Crested
Caracara fly over the parking lot just as we were getting ready to leave.
The area is just full of Towhees, Canyon , Abert's and Green-tailed.

Happy New Year
Rob Rutledge
Green Valley, AZ

16700 West Arivaca Road, Arivaca, Arizona, US (31.576, -111.323), Pima,
Arizona, US
Dec 30, 2017 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
31 species

Northern Harrier 1
Cooper's Hawk 2
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Common Ground-Dove 1
Mourning Dove 3
Great Horned Owl 1
Gila Woodpecker 4
Ladder-backed Woodpecker 3
Northern Flicker 2
Crested Caracara 1 broad white collar and neck, wing near wingtips;
the black cap, wings and underparts; and the orange facial skin and cere.
American Kestrel 2
Gray Flycatcher 2
Black Phoebe 3
Say's Phoebe 2