Date: 12/30/17 11:57 am
From: Shannon Skalos <sskalos4...> [central_valley_birds] <central_valley_birds-noreply...>
Subject: [CVBirds] Sutter County Harris’s Sparrow
Howdy birders,

The Harris’s Sparrow continues at the private residence on Meridian Road. We found the bird after about 40 mins of scanning two sparrow flocks.. One in the olive trees along the driveway, and the other in the northeast corner of the fenced in field where the chickens are roosting (north of the coop). The bird was at the latter location, coming into the field to forage from the brush just behind the fence. That’s Sutter County bird #199 for me!

Dan and I just returned from a spectacular South Texas birding trip where we saw several (in range) Harris’s Sparrows.

Good bird!

Shannon and Dan Skalos
Woodland, CA

Posted by: Shannon Skalos <sskalos4...>