Date: 12/30/17 10:42 am
From: dcharlesl--- via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Rough-legged Hawk, Dulles Airport
Around noon today, I saw the continuing Rough-legged Hawk at Dulles Airport after trying three previous times.

As soon as I got out of the car, I saw this bird flying over tree line south as viewed from Parking Garage 2, 4th level. First entrance to 4th level closed, but access to 4th level obtained by following 3rd level to far end of garage. After viewing bird for a couple of minutes, it disappeared behind tree line. Searched another 45 minutes, but not seen again. Did not see Snowy Owl, but Northern Harriers were active.

David Ledwith
Falls Church, VA