Date: 12/30/17 7:49 am
From: <lwrkenai...>
Subject: Re: [AZNMbirds] CEAZ: Carefree-Area 3 highlights: Grasshopper Sparrows
Birders,

Dominic D'Agosto and I covered the northern part of Area 3 for the
Carefree CBC including the lower section of the Mt. Humboldt Rd. and the Seven
Springs Rec. Area. Adding to Troy's great finds, Dom and I spotted at least
eight Grasshopper Sparrows just north of the Mt.Humboldt Rd. and just east of
the cattle guard and fence line located about a mile east of Seven Springs Rd.
They were seen right along the Humboldt Rd. and in the grass/weeds north of
the road as far as the dry stock tank. Hundreds of mainly White-crowned and
various other sparrows were noted in this area also.
The riparian area along Cave Cr. in the Seven Springs Rec. Area was thick
with American Robins, Western Bluebirds and Cedar Waxwings, etc. feeding on
the abundant juniper berries. I will post photos and checklist in eBird.

Good Birding,
Brian Ison

Scottsdale
<lwrkenai...>