Date: 12/30/17 7:08 am
From: <mvjohnski...>
Subject: [cobirds] San Luis Valley Cranes and Oddities
Wow what birds on the east slope. Great opportunities for sure.
In the San Luis Valley, we had a brown Christmas, warm with 50 degree
temps. It is no wonder that yesterday, as I was ice skating with my
daughter, that 8 Sandhill Cranes flew overhead. Not totally unexpected but
unusual for sure. In addition, the Monte Vista Christmas Count found 25
Brown-headed Cowbirds for a first winter record for this area. Poor skiing
but the ice skating is great this year! Happy new year from the San Luis
valley!

John Rawinski
Monte Vista, CO