Date: 12/30/17 6:29 am
From: Ethan Massey <ethanmassey20...>
Subject: Re: ID Help on dark morph goose
It looks like a Ross’s x snow hybrid to me as well. I often question if there is a such thing as a true blue phase Ross’s goose. When a true “blue Ross” is reported I think it is more likely the result of a hybrid that has backcrossed and retained the blue phase genetics. So essentially an F2 or F3 generation hybrid could look almost identical to a Ross’s goose while still retaining the dark morph. That’s all just my opinion though. Awesome find and great pictures!
-Ethan

Ethan Massey
Program Technician
School of Forestry and Natural Resources
P.O. Box 3468
University of Arkansas at Monticello
Monticello, AR 71656
Office: (870) 460-1848