Date: 12/29/17 8:44 pm
From: 'Lisa Sheridan' via mbbirds <mbbirds...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Dipped on the dipper but.....

I finally made it out to Henry Cowell to search for the Dipper but no go. I could actually see my breath around 9AM
along the river. I'm guessing that the Dipper might like to hang out there once it warms up a bit and the bugs begin to move in the water.

There were several Brown Creepers at arms length as I entered the trail near the bridge. Further up the trail on the way to Graham Hill Road was a domestic type Muscovy Duck preening in the river.
Although I got a few great shots of the Creepers, being just inches away, I wanted to share my fun pics from Spring Lakes Mobile Home.

I went in search of the Trumpeter Swans but was pleasantly surprised to find a handful of cooperative other birds with a fantastic photographic reflection opportunity. A female Hooded Merganser was a surprise but all the birds looked amazing with water colored reflections around them.

I didn't post the Trumpet Swans because I wasn't quite sure what category to put them in.

I'm hoping to go back soon as this was just too much fun!

Here is an ebird list with photos

Happy New Year to you all,

Lisa Sheridan