Date: 12/29/17 5:59 pm
From: Liga Auzins <llauzins...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] HBP Clay-colored Sparrow update
Birders,

I met Becky Turley on the north side if the "island slough" at HBP at about 3:30 this afternoon. She had photographed the Clay-colored well before my arrival. We quickly relocated the flock of 5-6 Chippies and the Clay-colored. Liga arrived a half hour later and we were fortunately able to relocate the flock yet again.

The Spizella flock ranged widely across the lawns between the north side of the Island slough and the wooded channel across the wide lawn to the north. They frequented a loose pile of downed branches near the west end of the lawn, next to the bridge leading to lawns still further north; the immediate grassy edge of the island slough by the big myoporum bush clump, and the open middle-west section of the big lawn. They spooked occasionally and landed in nearby trees before returning to the ground.

Expect frequent disturbance by dog walkers throughout the weekend.

Tom Wurster and Liga Auzins Wurster
Garden Grove

Sent from my iPhone

------------------------------------
Posted by: Liga Auzins <llauzins...>
------------------------------------

Reports and bird identities are neither edited nor verified. Use at your own risk. Please consult the standard reference books for proper bird identification & currently accepted names. Please do NOT use abbreviations or acronyms in lieu of names. Both scientific and/or common names of birds are acceptable.

All posts must be on-topic: about birds/birding in Orange County, California (nowhere else!). Your posts must include both a clear subject line *and* your name *and your city of residence*. Off-topic posts will be deleted and the sender put on moderated status. Repeat offenders will be banned.

To search for a bird discussed in past messages, browse or search the archives at:

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)