Date: 12/29/17 2:27 pm
From: PAUL SARACENI <paulsaraceni...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Long-tailed Duck @ Battery Godfrey, 12/29/17
This morning I scoped from Battery Godfrey in cold, brisk NE winds. At 7:55 I observed a solo, female LONG-TAILED DUCK flying rapidly W, low over the Golden Gate Channel. I subsequently drove over to the Mile Rock overlook and scoped through the 150+ Surf Scoters visible from there, but could not locate any other species of duck with them.

I observed 30+ Common Murres between the 2 locations, but could not find any murrelets. There were quite a few Harbor Porpoise in the Channel attracting the attention of gulls. The only other local interest species were one of the GG Bridge Peregrine Falcons perched atop the S tower, a Wrentit and 2 W. Bluebirds @ BG, and a continuing House Wren calling at the Mile Rock overlook.

At my home in Cole Valley, an ad. White-thr. Sparrow returned to the suet feeder after a 2+ week absence.

Paul Saraceni

San Francisco

Join us on Facebook!