Date: 12/29/17 2:21 pm
Subject: Lesser Black-backed bonanza in Nags Head
I was amazed to see six Lesser Black-backeds fly up the beach this morning around 7:30.  This was from the balcony of my room at the Comfort Inn in Nags Head (not the one at Whalebone junction).
Then this afternoon about 3:00pm I saw a flock of gulls on the beach just to the south, behind the John Yancey Inn. There were 20 Ring-billeds and 9 Lesser Black-backeds: 2 second winters, 1 third winter, and 6 adults.  Not a single Herring or Great Black-backed was seen.  I'll post some photos later to the Carolina facebook page.

What an incredible change from twenty years ago!
Bob LewisSleepy Hollow NY

Join us on Facebook!