Date: 12/29/17 1:33 pm
From: Eric Hough <thebirdwhisperer22...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] CAZ: EASTERN BLUEBIRD at Hassayampa River Preserve
12/29/17 - At about 2:00pm I heard at least one EASTERN BLUEBIRD calling outside the back side of the visitor center at Hassayampa River Preserve near Wickenburg (Maricopa Co.). I got a 20-second recording through my open office window, but by the time I ran outside with the camera it was gone. Just before this I had been hearing some Western Bluebirds flying over, so it may be associating with them visiting the mistletoe clumps around the Preserve. The Preserve’s trails close at 4:30pm today and the gate is locked at 5pm sharp. Our hours are 8am-5pm from Wednesday-Sunday (closed Monday-Tuesdays).

Good birding,

Eric Hough
Interpretive Ranger
Hassayampa River Preserve