Date: 12/29/17 12:11 pm
From: 'Nancy Christensen' <nancy.r.christensen...> [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Gray Flycatcher
During the Rancho Santa Fe CBC on Dec 28, my husband Russ spotted a Gray
Flycatcher at Felicita County Park. It was in the southern picnic area where
there are many picnic tables spaced very close together. There is a bathroom
right there and some small buildings (?food service area maybe). The
flycatcher was north of those buildings.

Also seen in the park was a Brewers Sparrow in a mixed flock of Chipping
and Lark Sparrows feeding on the grass south of that same small group of
buildings. Only a single purple finch was seen yesterday although I had a
group of 8 when I scouted. The finches have usually been found in the area
set aside for weddings in past CBCs. Just outside the park on the corner of
Park and Felicia Road, in a clump of large pines, a Nashville Warbler was
seen.

If you visit Felicita Park it does not open until 10 am if you want to
drive in. Driving in, to reach the southern picnic area, bear left when the
road forks. You can walk in anytime by parking on Park Drive, but pay close
attention to the posted parking regulations. It is about mile to the
southern picnic area from the Park Dr entrance.

Nancy Christensen

Ramona

Join us on Facebook!