Date: 12/29/17 12:03 pm
From: <jreiter...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET: Snowy Owl Invasion with Scott Weidensaul (no sightings)
I think many of you will enjoy this BWD podcast conversation with Scott Weidensaul, my favorite birding speaker and author. The episode is 40 minutes but fascinating and informative for anybody who likes snowy owls. Happy New Year to all.

Jeff Reiter
Glen Ellyn, IL (DuPage)
<jreiter...>

Read "Words on Birds" in the Daily Herald, at www.dailyherald.com or visit my blog

--------- Original Message --------- Subject: This Birding Life #75: Snowy Owl Invasion with Scott Weidensaul
From: "Bird Watcher's Digest" <email...>
Date: 12/28/17 3:03 pm
To: <jreiter...>

*|SUBJECT|* Owl expert Scott Weidensaul joins Bill for a discussion of this winter's invasion of snowy owls from the Arctic. Through Project SNOWstorm (co-founded by Scott), a volunteer field research program studying these owls from the Far North, we are learning a great deal about their behavior, population dynamics, natural history, and how they interact with us humans, and vice versa. Scott also shares his tips for watching a snowy owl safely, without disturbing it.
This Birding Life New podcast Episode

View Online | Tell a Friend | Email Preferences

Episode #75
Snowy Owl Invasion with Scott Weidensaul
Owl expert Scott Weidensaul joins Bill for a discussion of this winter's invasion of snowy owls from the Arctic. Through Project SNOWstorm (co-founded by Scott), a volunteer field research program studying these owls from the Far North, we are learning a great deal about their behavior, population dynamics, natural history, and how they interact with us humans, and vice versa. Scott also shares his tips for watching a snowy owl safely, without disturbing it.

Want more birding content and stories? Subscribe to Bird Watcher's Digest. Special introductory offer: Two years for the price of one!* Subscribe today &raquo;
* New subscriptions only, please. Applies only to USA and Canada. Offer ends 1/31/2018.

What's a podcast? A podcast is like a radio show that you listen to at your convenience over the Internet. This Birding Life features interviews, performances, travel stories, and fascinating conversations between Bill and a wide array of guests. Since the very first episode in 2007, Bill has taken TBL listeners along with him to birdy places all over the world, and he's interviewed some of the birding world's leading personalities. Best of all, listening to TBL is free!
TBL episodes are downloaded more than 750,000 times each year. Our audience listens while walking, biking, or commuting-or even while working around the house. They enjoy Bill's easy, conversational style as much as they do the fascinating content he shares. But don't take our word for it! Give This Birding Life a listen and hear for yourself why our podcast enjoys such a large and rapidly growing audience.
This Birding Life is made possible through the generous sponsorship support of Carl Zeiss Sports Optics, Quark Expeditions, the American Birding Expo, and Bird Watcher's Digest.

Connect With Bird Watcher's Digest

This email was sent to you by Bird Watcher's Digest, P.O. Box 110 Marietta, OH, 45750, USA. Phone: 1-800-879-2473 (8 a.m. - 5 p.m. eastern time Monday-Friday). Visit us online at birdwatchersdigest.com.
You received this email because you are part of the Bird Watcher's Digest online family. To ensure that you receive our emails, please add <email...> to your address book and/or whitelist today. If you no longer wish to receive new podcast notifications, click here to adjust your preferences, and deselect the "New Podcast Notifications" option. If you no longer wish to receive emails from Bird Watcher's Digest, click here to unsubscribe.

Join us on Facebook!