Date: 12/29/17 11:52 am
From: Chris Chappell <chris.chappell4...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Benson ponds report
I was really bummed to be so sick I could not make it on either the Ramsey
Canyon or Madera Canyon CBCs! Yesterday, I felt just well enough to spend a
bit of sedentary time at the Benson STP, viewing birds, and was lucky
enough to see 3 Greater Scaup (2 males, 1 female) and 7 female Common
Merganser. Also, a female Common Golendeye and large numbers of Ring-necked
Ducks (125). Eurasian Wigeon was not to be found (now in Wilcox?). There
were also 3 Lesser Scaup on a different area of the pond for comparison.

Today, 29th, I returned for a quick view of STP. Still no Eurasian Wigeon,
no Greater Scaup or mergansers, just Lesser Scaup and the usual assortment.
Then I went over to the nearby golf course and had 5 Hooded Mergansers
(usually here lately), 34 Canvasbacks (high for me at the site), and 2 imm.
Snow Goose hangin with the coots.

--
Chris Chappell
Take Flight Birding and Nature Adventures