Date: 12/29/17 8:29 am
From: Jane Tatchell <Jane...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: Re:[pen-bird] Ebird report of Rufous-crowned Sparrow
That sounds like the Spring Ridge Trail to me. It's only :-) about a mile and a half of that type of habitat from Skyline down towards the oak woodlands. Jane Tatchell, Redwood City

---- On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 08:21:32 -0800 <peninsula-birding-noreply...> wrote ----

An Ebird report was received today, Dec 29, for two Rufous-crowned Sparrows (with photo) at Windy Hill on Dec 27 in late pm. To me, this is a rare bird worth trying for. But as is typical on Ebird, there are few details. Map pointer is for the hotspot, right in the middle of the woods on switchbacks, while the description of the area is 'Steep, grassy slope with scattered bushes'. I know little about Windy Hill, so if anyone knows more about this, please share with the group. Thanks in advance.

Dave Weber,
Milpitas

Join us on Facebook!