Date: 12/29/17 7:57 am
From: Danny Akers <birdmandan1231...>
Subject: Long-tailed Duck - Cedar Bluff Reservoir, Trego Co.
Iím scoping a female/immature LONG-TAILED DUCK on Cedar Bluff Reservoir in Trego Co. right now. My vantage point is from the northeasternmost picnic area at the page creek area of Cedar Bluff State Park. Itís in the closet patch of open water with Common Goldeneye and Common Mergansers and is actively feeding. A scope is absolutely essential for viewing.

Thousands of geese and waterfowl of good diversity are moving around the reservoir this morning. I also scoped a distant Common Loon off the dam earlier.

Danny Akers
Ames, IA

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to