Date: 12/28/17 7:35 pm
From: justin streit <000000260acb25c4-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Sapsuckers at Boulder Beach Campground, Lake Mead NRA, Clark County
Also today, Chad Wilhite and I had a great assortment of sapsuckers at the Boulder Beach Campground. One appears to be a young Yellow-bellied Sapsucker and then two others that appear to be hybrids. I welcome you to check out the photos on my ebird checklist and provide comments on what you think.

I feel great about the RNSAxRBSA hybrid and the pure RNSA, but the for the YBSA and YBSA hybrid, I am less certain. Also see the Royal Alberta Project Sapsucker if you didn't get a chance to check this out when Jeanne Tinsman posted it last time.

https://www.royalalbertamuseum.ca/research/lifeSciences/ornithology/sapsucker.cfm

https://www.royalalbertamuseum.ca/_includes/docs/research/lifeSciences/ornithology/score_sheet.pdf

The YBSA doesn't seem to show any characters of a RNSA and the YBSAxRNSA seems to fit the far left end of the royal alberta scoresheet.

Also present was the continuing male Downy Woodpecker at the campground and the WHITE-WINGED SCOTER at the far north end of Boulder Beach.

Justin Streit
Las Vegas, NV

Join us on Facebook!