Date: 12/28/17 6:37 pm
From: Dave King <daking55dk...> [cobirders] <cobirders-noreply...>
Subject: [cobirders] Aurora Reservoir and area, Arapahos County
Hello

I scoped Aurora Reservoir for several hours. First scan found only one Lesser Black backed Gull. Scan two similar with two Western Grebes. Scan three not much had changed. I was going to conclude scoters and Long tailed Ducks were gone when the two White winged Scoters emerged from the swim beach cove. Since it took over an hour to find them I needed to scope the reservoir a fourth time. This time the pair of Long tailed Ducks swam out of the blind spot below the northwest corner of the dam.

I will be the first to report from the new Pronghorn Wildlife Area located northeast of Aurora Reservoir. One Western Meadowlark and six Horned Larks. Don't expected a large checklist, habitat is mostly grasses with only a few cottonwoods.

Drove by the Yale-Jewell loop looking for owls but didn't see any. Lots of new tracking going on, two spots within 1/4 mile of an ongoing Bald Eagle next.

Dave King
Denver

Posted by: Dave King <daking55dk...>

<*> Your email settings: