Date: 12/28/17 6:30 pm
From: Kent Forward <kforward...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Coastside Rarities 12/28/2017
Good Evening Birders,

This afternoon I birded portions of Gazos Creek Road, a highlight was finding what appears to be an immature YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER about 150 yards upstream of the Cloverdale Road intersection.  Photos, audio, and a detailed description of the bird are in my eBird checklist:http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41387841
Earlier I stopped by Pigeon Point and was able to re-locate the continuing, and very well hidden (at least while I was there), BURROWING OWL!  This is in the overgrown ag field just north of the lighthouse. I was able to get a heavily zoomed photo from the road of just the top of its head and one watchful eye:http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41387536
Happy Birding and Happy Holidays Everyone!Kent ForwardEl Granada

Join us on Facebook!