Date: 12/28/17 6:34 pm
From: Tom Grey <tgrey...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Shoreline birds (cont.), pix
I continued to visit Shoreline Park, mostly the lake.

Christmas morning,12/25/17:
Again, I dipped on the Barrow's Goldeneye and male Hooded Merganser, but
again saw and photographed the female HOODED MERGANSER:
http://www.pbase.com/tgrey/image/166770061

Apart from rarities, some great behavior views; a Great Egret captured a
crayfish in the inflow channel to the Forebay:
http://www.pbase.com/tgrey/image/166770057

and a Snowy Egret ran down and captured a fish in front of the boat house:
http://www.pbase.com/tgrey/seq_snowyegretforage2017

Yesterday morning, 12/27/17:
A pair of GREAT-TAILED GRACKLES were near the Mountain View boat monument:
http://www.pbase.com/tgrey/image/166770059
http://www.pbase.com/tgrey/image/166770060

Also photos of a female BUFFLEHEAD and one of the regular male SURF SCOTERs:
http://www.pbase.com/tgrey/image/166770055
http://www.pbase.com/tgrey/image/166770067

For those thinking of trying bird photography, this a great place to start;
relatively easy birds to photograph, and the light on cloudless mornings
really shows them off. See the photos of regular birds following the ones
linked above, at http://www.pbase.com/tgrey/latest .

--
Tom Grey
www.pbase.com/tgrey