Date: 12/28/17 5:29 pm
From: James V Remsen <najames...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] McCown's Longspur
We (Paul McKenzie and I) spent an additional 2.5+ hrs trying to relocate the bird without success.

Initially the bird flew 4 circles high around us in response to McCown’s song but would never land and then disappeared. Unable to get photo, so very discouraging. I will return next week sometime when the wind isn’t blowing 10-15 and try again to locate.

===================

Dr. J. V. Remsen
Prof. of Natural Science and Curator of Birds
Museum of Natural Science/Dept. Biological Sciences
LSU, Baton Rouge, LA 70803
najames<at>LSU.edu

> On Dec 28, 2017, at 11:41 AM, James V Remsen <najames...> wrote:
>
> McCown's Longspur just now on Botany Bay road quarter mile west of Bayou Germond St. Landry parish South of Port Barre. Trying to relocate. Solo bird. LALO and HOLA also. Van Remsen
>
> Will send message if relocated

> Dr. J. V. Remsen
> Prof. of Natural Science and Curator of Birds
> Museum of Natural Science/Dept. Biological Sciences
> LSU, Baton Rouge, LA 70803
> najames<at>LSU.edu

Join us on Facebook!