Date: 12/28/17 5:21 pm
From: Tom SHANE <tom.shane...>
Subject: White-winged Scoter
Sara and I headed down to the recycle place and then planned to return home. Sara had grabbed her binocs and I fortunately taken my camera along. Since it was the first nice day (45F) in a while we decided to check the river. We got to the Bison Range Pit and there was open water with waterbirds. Sara spotted a scoter and tried numerous times to direct me to the bird so I could get a picture. We finally got a dozen or so and Sara posted one to the KS fb group. White-winged Scoter looks like a new Finney County bird, it was definitely a life bird for both of us.
Tom Shane
Garden City, KS

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to