Date: 12/28/17 4:48 pm
From: Betsy Checchia <betsy.checchia...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SEAZ -- Tucson, Sweetwater Wetlands and Tres Lomas neighborhood today
I was lucky enough to run into 2 birders this morning at Sweetwater
Wetlands who had the female Northern Red Bishop squarely in their scope.
It was on the western edge of Sweetwater, between the boundary fence and
the recharge basins, in the company of White-crowned Sparrows. Other birds
of interest were a female Summer Tanager, 2 juvenile Cattle Egrets, a
Black-and-White Warbler, and a Hermit Thrush (the first I've ever seen
here). One of the recharge basins is full of water, and full of a variety
of ducks. Still no Baltimore Oriole sighting, doggone it.

While walking the dog in my neighborhood this afternoon (NW of N Wentworth
and E Tanque Verde), I saw a single Lillian's Meadowlark on the grass
playing field at Tanque Verde Elementary School, and a pair of Harris's
Hawks along N Wentworth. The Harris's Hawks usually hang out either around
Agua Caliente Park, or the Tanque Verde Wash, but I've had one in my
backyard the past two mornings.

Betsy Checchia
Tucson, AZ