Date: 12/28/17 4:04 pm
From: Tom Crabtree <tc...>
Subject: Re: [COBOL] Deschutes Emperor Goose Origin
Mountain Chickadees and California Scrub-Jays are a dime a dozen in Bend.

I agree with Alan about Emperor Geese. There is no indication that this bird is anything but a wild bird. It hangs out with the two Greater White-fronted Geese and a couple of dozen Canadas. No one has suggested they are domesticated. Nor was the Dipper that came within 10 feet of you. . . .

There are a number of Pine Siskins around now. There was a Common Redpoll that was seen for two days last week, but it hasn’t been seen since the 23rd. It could still be in the area and avoiding binoculars.

Tom Crabtree, Bend