Date: 12/28/17 3:31 pm
From: terry mannell <terryman0405...>
Subject: Jefferson County Snowy Owl
Coming back from Tonganoxie, Sam and saw a 6 Trumpeter Swans just east of
the Thompsonville Road. This is the road that leads to the Perry Dam off
Hwy. 24. As we were stopped a friend of our son came by and said that he
had just seen a Snowy Owl flying over the road to the west. Sam and I
relocated the owl about 1/2 mile west and about 300 yards north of Hwy 24.
We continued west along 24 and then went north on Newman Road and back
east on the next road to the north. When we had gone back east about 1/2
mile we saw the owl flying over a plowed field to the south. I did not
have a scope so the looks were not great but there seemed to be a lot of
marking.

Terry Mannell
Topeka

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html