Date: 12/28/17 3:29 pm
From: Marceline Vandewater <marceline...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] CEAZ: Phoenix-Tres Rios CBC Highlights - 20 Dec. 2017
Apologies for a tardy report, but other CBCs and Christmas got in the way!
The Phoenix-Tres Rios CBC circle is located in the southwest greater Phoenix
area. It is divided up into 12 areas. We had a few new area leaders this
year, and I want to thank them for stepping up to the plate! The weather
started out crisp and clear (39 degrees), and turned into a beautiful
Arizona winter day with temperatures up to 67 degrees and little wind. The
count results were at an average this year.

146 species, with one additional species seen during count week. Some
notable birds included RUFOUS-CROWNED SPARROW, RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH, and
ROSY-FACED LOVEBIRD. Raptors were well represented with 15 species,
including HARRIS'S HAWK (3), several each PEREGRINE & PRAIRIE FALCON, and
MERLIN (3). A DUSKY FLYCATCHER (1) in the same spot as last year made me
wonder if it maybe could be the same bird? Of note were six species of
warblers including YELLOW WARBLER (3), and the continuing BLACK-THROATED
GREEN WARBLER.

I want to thank all participants for their time and expertise, extra pair of
eyes, or being the perfect scribe:)! Wishing you lots of birding fun in
2018!

Marceline VandeWater

Scottsdale, AZ