Date: 12/28/17 11:58 am
From: Nic Allen <tendingthegarden...>
Subject: Trumpeter Swans, Wyandotte
The kids and I made a quick pass through Wyandotte County Lake over lunch today. A lot of waterfowl has moved onto the lake with all of the freezing up north. A good mix was present including Common and Hooded Mergansers, Northern Pintail, Common Goldeneye and others. Not many white geese yet. We did count 83 Trumpeter Swans some of them were flying off the lake when we left but I am guessing this evening there could be even more on the lake. I checked all of the swans i could for Tundra Swans but came up short but there could definitely be one. Still waiting for a Snowy Owl to show up on the dam.

Nic Allen
Parkville, Missouri

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to