Date: 12/27/17 10:37 pm
From: Dominik Mosur <polskatata...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] SF CBC recap for Area 6/Golden Gate Park from Crossover drive to Ocean Beach 12/27/17
Selected highlights from Area 6 today included:

SNOW GOOSE- continuing on its routine of Spreckles to Polo fields with the (4) Greater WhiteFronted Geese

Black-bellied Plover - (25) on ocean Beach at main seawall at dawn

NORTHERN SAW-WHET OWL

American Pipit - one flying over Beach Chalet early a.m. was one of less than a dozen for entire count circle

Western Bluebird - male and female at 22nd and Fulton, thanks to first time counter Erin Caufield who reported the birds to me after getting home in the afternoon

NASHVILLE Warbler - apparently the only one on the count today, with flock at Bernice Rodgers and MLK Dr. junction east of Windmills

"Gray-headed" Orange-crowned Warbler - same flock as Nashville

White-throated Sparrow - Lloyd Lake

SWAMP SPARROW - in weedy patch between Beach Chalet soccer fields and back side of restaurant/brewery of same name

The total number of species was around 92-93.

Lowlights/misses included the Spreckles Red-necked Grebe, only (1!) Ring-necked Duck on North Lake and none on Lloyd,
low numbers of waxwings, thrushes, Sparrows and finches compared to previous years.

I may be forgetting some other details but I've been up since 3 a.m. owling so please forgive me. I encourage other members of the crew to add their memorable birds as well.

Much thanks to the participants-

Team Lloyd/Northeast:
Pat Mahoney
Beth McCullough