Date: 12/27/17 9:58 pm
From: Adam Winer <awiner...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] SF CBC - Area 9 highlights
I led Area 9 - covering the Dogpatch, Bernal Heights, the Mission, and
eastern Noe Valley. 68 species, which seems... OK but perhaps a bit low?

The highlight was a PALM WARBLER, showing well low in bushes at the north
end of Bernal Heights.

Morning fog made scoping the bay a bit of a challenge... but at least the
continuing male Eurasian Wigeon showed at Pier 94. (I believe it was with
a female, but in the poor light I couldn't call it.)

(And yes, we checked the garden on Franconia, and no sign of That Bird.)

Misses for the route included Lincoln's Sparrow and Western Bluebird.

-- Adam Winer

Join us on Facebook!