Date: 12/27/17 5:48 pm
From: David Vick <or.naturalist...>
Subject: [COBOL] Redmond-Terrebonne Winter Raptor Survey
Mike Golden and Chris Scanton assisted me today on the route. We took
advantage of the sunny weather and relatively warm temperatures for a great
break from the Frozen Fog Blues and counted 185 raptors. All in all a
beautiful day of birding if you like that sort of thing, which is a safe
bet seeing how you are reading this post. As usual for this run there were
crazy numbers of hawks between Lower Bridge Way and Ice Avenue with 91
Redtails. One could spend half a day checking out all the cool plumage
variations there but we had to keep moving.

163 Redtailed Hawks
10 American Kestrels
4 Bald Eagles (1 subadult)
4 Rough-legged Hawks
1 Praire Falcon
1 Sharp-shinned Hawk
2 Cooper's Hawk

Good birding and a happy new year to all. Congratulations, you survived
all the natural and man made disasters of 2017.

David Vick
Terrebonne