Date: 12/27/17 3:41 pm
From: Tom Wilberding <twilberding...>
Subject: [cobirds] Re: SNOWY OWL being seen right now. On roof of Wayne Carle Middle School

Here's a photo of the sleepy Snowy of Standley, Westminster. I took this
from the sidewalk on 86th Parkway, south side of the lake, far from the
bird, about 1 pm.

I heard that this immature Snowy Owl spent part of the morning on the roof
of the middle school north of the lake. Two ravens evicted it, so it flew
to the south shore, Standley Lake Regional Park, open to the public. It
stood sturdily on the ground--looking like a white fire hydrant or R2D2.

Some birders left the sidewalk and crossed the park fence to get a closer
look. Snowy kept a close eye on them, and perhaps was pleased that their
shoes got very muddy!

Enjoyed seeing lots of birders, including CFO pals Doug Faulkner and Larry
Modesitt.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-pWhUEd7-RsE/WkQvZ-4QXjI/AAAAAAAAAnI/R43s6Cgn99YvjtH2I1QTlZ59mGIKmPuQACLcBGAs/s1600/_V6A2777.jpg>