Date: 12/27/17 2:43 pm
From: mike rader <mike_rader...>
Subject: Haskell Co. birds
Hi all,

We are visiting Jack and Norma Conover in Satanta (Haskell Co.) this week and with the extreme cold, haven't ventured out much. The do have a few birds visiting the yard, so I've spent some time looking. The heated birdbath has been pretty popular, with lots of Am. Robins, House Finches and E. Collared Doves using it. Several Dark-eyed Juncos have been coming in as well, with Oregon, Pink-sided and Slate-colored all present. Two White-winged Doves spent quite a bit of time sitting on the lawn furniture under the covered porch, and I was able to see a Townsend's Solitare come in to water a couple of times. The most interesting bird was one that some of the family thought was a Brown Thrasher - visiting a time or two before I got here yesterday. I got a brief glimpse this morning, but wasn't quite sure since it really wasn't the right color. I got a great look this afternoon - Sage Thrasher! Grayish plumage, short & straight bill, streaky breast and white outer tail feather spots in flight sealed the deal. Pretty cool yard bird for them!

Mike Rader
Wilson and/or Pratt,??KS

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to