Date: 12/27/17 2:22 pm
From: newtja84 <newtja84...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Not a Siting Humboldt CBC Update
Hello all, I'm simply posting this to announce an alteration to the date of
the Humboldt CBC. I am moving the date to *1/5/2018*. I am loathe to make
alterations to CBC dates generally, however, this coming Saturday's
combination of cold (highs of -3F) and high wind (wind forecasts of
20mph+) can only prompt me to believe it is dangerous to conduct extensive
field activity. I would not expect anyone to endure those conditions,
especially not for something that's supposed to be a fun volunteer
activity. I have made the necessary alterations to the IOU Calendar, found
at www.iowabirds.org. Any further questions can be directed to
<humboldtcbc...>

I apologize for any confusion this may cause, but I simply don't think it
is overtly wise to ask people to engage in extensive field activity in what
would be a potentially extreme wind chill scenario.

Jacob Newton
Humboldt County, IA