Date: 12/27/17 1:22 pm
From: Nancy Obryan <nancy.obryan...>
Subject: Re: [AZNMbirds] SE AZ: GILDED FLICKERS in Tucson Mountains
I live very close to the Tucson Mountains (Sarasota side) in the winter. This is my fourth winter here. In that time, I have not noticed a decrease in Gilded Flickers. As John reported, they are usually outnumbered by Gila Woodpeckers. I occasionally see Ladderback Woodpeckers, but much less often than Gilded Flickers.

I have noticed that some days I see more (or only) Gilas, and other days I see more (or only) Gildeds. It might be the time of day.