Date: 12/27/17 10:47 am
From: Kenneth Weaver <gnatcatcher...> [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] [SanDiego RegionBirding] Golden-Plover
A clarification on the location of the Pacific Golden-Plover that I observed on theOceanside CBC on the 23rd (I’ve had a few requests).  I spotted the bird about1000 on the ballfield of Mission Meadows Elementary School.  The school islocated on Spur Avenue in Oceanside east of Guajome Regional Park, mosteasily reached by taking Hwy. 76 to Melrose to Spur..  To view the field, accessthe public trail located to the right of the school parking lot as you face theschool.  It takes a couple of minutes to reach a spot where the field is visible.  Idid not see the bird on my return at 1300.  Earlier the birds on the field wereharassed by a Cooper’s hawk.  Hopefully, the golden-plover didn’t wind up as ahawk snack.  I have a couple of photos posted on eBird:  http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41344139
Ken <WeaverFallbrookgnatcatcher...>

Join us on Facebook!