Date: 12/27/17 8:02 am
From: Herb and Sarah Myers <hesemyers...>
Subject: Wren
This cold, snowy morning while trying to photograph a Pine Siskin
(unsuccessfully) at our feeders, a tiny, very dark bird flew across under
our feeders. It landed briefly in a shrub with its short tail cocked
straight up in the air. It left before I could even focus my binoculars on
it. It was smaller than the nearby Black-capped Chickadees.

We have Carolina Wrens around yet, though I bet they wish they were gone!
This was definitely not a Carolina Wren. House Wrens have been long gone. I
really think it was a Winter Wren. Despite the name, Winter Wrens do not
usually stay around here all winter. I have never seen one this late up
here.

Birds continue to surprise me. Herb Myers, Harman, Randolph County

Join us on Facebook!