Date: 12/26/17 7:42 pm
From: Clifford Cathers <cacathers...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] AZ:12/23/17: Patagonia Lake State Park - TAS
Sorry about the late report. But at least I got to it this year...I was
reminded in generating the list that we saw a few good birds on the Tucson
Audubon Society Field Trip to Patagonia Lake State Park on a cold Saturday
morning. It was 24 F at the Camp Crittenden historical marker three miles
west of Sonoita at 7:15 AM.

At the lake level, near the second wash along the trails to the south, a
group of three BLACK-CAPPED GNATCATCHERs were "mewing" and showing off
their long bills and graduated under-tail feathers. They were essentially
in the same spot on our return.

A GREATER SCAUP was well seen on the lake.

In the willow forest near the Sonoita Creek delta, where the trogon was
usually found all these years, we found a loose feeding flock with
BLACK-THROATED GRAY WARBLERs, ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER and more unusual, a
WILSON'S WARBLER with it's little black cap.

Clifford A. Cathers
Vail, AZ
<AZCliffy...>