Date: 12/26/17 6:05 pm
From: Jeff Bray <jbray4913...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Wilson's Snipe on the Peters Canyon Channel - 26 DEC
Not that they're unusual this time of year in the right habitat, I was not
expecting to find at least 32 of them in one location today. The vegetation
along this channel has been recently cut back, so the stubbly habitat is
really good for Snipe I guess. They were concentrated about halfway between
Barranca and Warner along the Peters Canyon Trail
<https://goo.gl/maps/mNbqZNSmALw>. I'm certain there were more than I was
able to count, as they hide really well. Seemed that every place I stopped
and started really looking for them, there were around in groups of 2-5.

Just an interesting observation from today...

Happy Holidays.

Jeff Bray
Irvine, CA

Join us on Facebook!