Date: 12/26/17 5:27 pm
From: Sharon Goldwasser <azfiddle...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] misc birding sightings around Tucson
I’ve been out here and there around Tucson over the last few days. As is often the case, there’s nothing very rare, but a sightings/updates include:

Saturday Dec 23: An Osprey was perched just north of Lakeside Park. The immature Snow Goose at Lakeside Park remains, and is quite tame. I saw just one Common Merganser at the main pond at Sam Lena Park. It’s always worth checking the pond closest to Country Club Drive- there were several Gadwall and Green-winged Teal there.

Today Dec 26: Today Chuck Williamson and I were on a non-birding cycling trip, but generally travel with binoculars. Worthy of mention were two male and one female Wood Ducks at the Roger Road treatment plant pond that is adjacent to the Santa Cruz River bike path, north of Sweetwater. There was a good little flock of birds in Children’s Memorial Park along the Rillito, in the area where the American Redstart was reported about a month ago.

FYI: Jesse Owens Park on Sarnoff, south of Broadway on the east side of Tucson is closed for renovation for the next few months. It is possible to bird around the perimeter but that’s it.

Sharon Goldwasser
Tucson, AZ