Date: 12/26/17 11:09 am
From: Mark Stratton <zostropz...> [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Dusky-capped Flycatcher and others around Leon St. area.
Good morning and I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I spent most of
the morning on Leon St. looking for the Dusky-capped Flycatcher and
occasionally, peeking for the Red-throated Pipit. Oddly enough, nobody got
the Pipit this morning but at 9:15, I walked across the street with a
Riverside birder and just as we looked up, finally, the Dusky-capped
Flycatcher flew in. It stayed for about 15 or 20 minutes for all the
Riverside folks to see and then flew to the eastern edge, maybe closer to
the Northeastern edge of Berry park, but not refound. Never did see the
Pipit, although I got it two days ago. The Northern Waterthrush at Saturn
Ponds showed its self for about a whole second, no pics, and trip to Nestor
Park missed the Baltimore Oriole, but got great views at the female type
Vermilion Flycatcher.

Mark Stratton

Join us on Facebook!